The Employer Outreach Project is a new campaign run by Inclusion BC’s employment team and funded by Community Living BC to increase awareness of inclusive employment and how hiring inclusively benefits everyone. We aim to expand our network of employers and spread knowledge to make inclusive employment commonplace in British Columbia.
The goal of the campaign
Expanding our network and increasing knowledge and awareness to shift the narrative and make inclusive employment commonplace.
To engage with business leader networks, community members, and partners to increase employment opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in British Columbia.
Why this campaign is important
- To reduce barriers associated with disabilities in the workplace
- To increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Access to employment enhances people’s quality of life
- To enhance collaboration with our federation members, families, and community members
A Call to Action
With the creation and distribution of videos focused on employment, we want to have a greater reach and interest from employers, service providers, and community members to come together and increase employment opportunities in communities across British Columbia. Please share our videos and resources with employers in your community.
Stay connected with our newsletter to see when we release them.
What We’re Doing
- Strategic partnership building
- Bringing together a provincial working group to help guide the project
- Identifying pilot communities
- Asset mapping of each of the identified communities
- Collaborating and strengthening our relationships with employer networks, employment services, and community members
- Sharing stories of employment, the successes, and challenges
- Increasing employment opportunities, including career advancement
Employer Outreach and Engagement
What we’re doing to reach out to the public
- Add capacity to existing work being done by provincial/national initiatives, business networks, and employment services
- Deliver presentations
- Connect with businesses across various sectors and industries, to promote the value of inclusive hiring
- Provide relevant marketing materials to promote inclusive hiring
You’ll find a list of inclusive employment resources here as we develop them
Inclusive Employment: Stories from Campbell River, BC
Work has a huge impact on the quality and direction of our lives. It’s often central to our identities, communities and sense of purpose – and it is a part of adult life from which people with intellectual and developmental disabilities have been historically left out. Focusing on Campbell River, BC, this film explores stories of employees, their families, community members, colleagues and employment support professionals who are challenging this historical exclusion. Together, we are working towards a future in which workplaces that include people of all abilities are unremarkable.
This film was created in collaboration between Inclusion BC and Rivercity Inclusion.
If you have any questions about this campaign, please email Jillian Bradley at email@example.com or by phone at (604) 534-2859
Stay connected and receive updates about this campaign and more by signing up for our email newsletters