The Toronto Maple Leaf Alumni are coming to Victoria, Port Alberni and Chilliwack
for a three-game charitable hockey tour to support community inclusion.
The Inclusion Cup
Everybody’s included. Everybody wins!
In February 2020, we are bringing the Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni to B.C. for a three-game charitable hockey tour to support community inclusion.
- Victoria: February 20, 2020 – Tickets – hosted by Lifetime Networks Victoria
- Port Alberni: February 21, 2020 – Tickets – hosted by Port Alberni Association for Community Living
- Chilliwack: February 22, 2020 – Tickets – hosted by Chilliwack Society for Community Living
The games will be played in packed arenas in Victoria, Port Alberni and Chilliwack with in-town support from our member agencies. The Leafs will face-off with a team of local players in each community. (Almost all local player spots are sold out!) So, there will be lots of excitement and media coverage — TV, radio, newspaper, and social media — check out the Chilly Wackers Facebook page!
- The Players: Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni
- Tour Sponsor: Wilson Group of Companies
- Tickets: Victoria, Port Alberni, and Chilliwack
- Sponsors: Inclusion Cup Sponsors
- Pre-Game Buzz: News from the Chilliwack Progress
The Players: Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni
The official Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni team for their 2020 Inclusion BC Tour now includes:
- Trevor Kidd (G)
- Rick Vaive
- Al Iafrate
- Mike Krushelnyski
- Gary Valk
- Dan Daoust
- Tom Fergus
- Brad May
- Garth Butcher
- Jason Podollan
- Nik Antropov
- Gary Leeman
- Jyrki Lumme
Other players will be announced as we receive official word from the Leafs organization.
Get your Tickets Now!
Victoria: February 20, 2020
Lifetime Network Nets vs Toronto Maple Leaf Alumni
Thursday, Feb 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM
The Q Centre, Colwood, BC V9B 1J1
Port Alberni: February 21, 2020
Port Alberni PAACL vs Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni
Alberni Valley Multiplex
3737 Roger, Port Alberni, British Columbia V9Y 8J4
Chilliwack: February 22, 2020
CSCL Chilly Whackers vs Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni
Saturday, February 22, 2020 – 7:00 PM
Chilliwack Coliseum. Chilliwack, BC
The Official Inclusion Cup Tour Sponsor: The Wilson’s Group of Companies
The Wilson’s Group of Companies provides the complete solution for all of your transportation needs on Vancouver Island with services reaching BC, Alberta and the Pacific Northwest. Services include charter bus services to scheduled services including the airport shuttle and the crosswater connection between Victoria and Vancouver as well as sightseeing products including Sightseeing Victoria’s Gray Line Hop-On Hop-Off and the Butchart Gardens Express.
Victoria Sponsors for the Inclusion Cup Tour featuring the Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni
- Tour Sponsor – Wilson’s Group
- Media Sponsor – Times Colonist
- Media Sponsor – CHEK News
- Team Sponsor – Hothouse Marketing
- Game Sponsors – 1550’s Pub Style Restaurant, Smart Dolphins and Flaman Fitness
- Friends of Lifetime Networks – Island Blue and Vancity
Chilliwack Sponsors for the Inclusion Cup Tour featuring the Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni
- Tour Sponsor – Wilson’s Group
- Platinum Sponsor – 89.5 the Drive
- Bronze Sponsor – Fraser Valley Tireland
- Bronze Sponsor – Sidewinder Conversions
- Bronze Sponsor – Chilliwack Oral, Facial, and Implant Surgery
- Bronze Sponsor – Royal LePage Wheeler Cheam Realty
- Bronze Sponsor – Coast Spas
- Bronze Sponsor – Silver Creek Travel
- Bronze Sponsor – Major League Two
- Event Sponsor – Canadian Recreation Excellence Chilliwack
- Friends of CSCL – Chilliwack Coliseum
- Friends of CSCL – HUB International
- Friends of CSCL – Mountain Spring Water
- Friends of CSCL – Molson Coors
- Friends of CSCL – Willie Babcock of Babcock Construction
- Media Partner – 89.5 the Drive
- Media Partner – What’s On Chilliwack
Visit the CSCL Chilly Wackers on Facebook
News Excerpt: Chilliwack Progress
Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni coming to Chilliwack
The Leafs face the Chilly Wackers in a game benefitting the Chilliwack Society for Community Living.
Chilliwack Progress, ERIC WELSH, Nov. 14, 2019
In 2020, Toronto Maple Leaf greats will hit the ice at the Chilliwack Coliseum in a charity game benefiting the Chilliwack Society for Community Living.
The game will be played Feb. 22, 2020 with a 7 p.m. start. as the visitors take on a local group of players calling themselves the Chilly Wackers.
“We are using a common bond — hockey and the Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni – to bring together people of all abilities together to celebrate diversity,” said CSCL Director Jeff Gilbank. “The immediate benefit of this event will be the reduction of social isolation for people with disabilities who will be welcomed and celebrated just as they are. The long-term benefit will be to strengthen Inclusion BC and our local community service providers so that people with disabilities in our communities to get the support they need to become active members of their communities.”
Six former NHLers are listed on the roster for the Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni 2020 B.C. Inclusion Tour.
Rick Vaive is well known to Vancouver Canuck fans as ‘one that got away.’ A fifth overall draft pick of the Nucks in 1979, he was traded away the next year and went on to become the first TO player to ever hit the 50 goal mark. He did it three times in blue and white and captained the Leafs from 1982 to 1986.
“Hockey strives to be an inclusive sport and CSCL’s vision is for a community that welcomes and includes everyone. It’s going to be a fun, family-friendly night so come on out and show your support for CSCL and the good ol’ hockey game!”
All proceeds will go to the Chilliwack Society for Community Living to help support adults with developmental disabilities and children and youth with special needs.
See full story: Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni coming to Chilliwack