Family Support Institute joins Inclusion BC
We are thrilled to announce that the Family Support Institute (FSI) has joined Inclusion BC as an organizational member.
Karla Verschoor, Executive Director of Inclusion BC, said, “We are very happy to welcome the Family Support Institute as an organizational member of Inclusion BC. FSI has been representing families in our province for over 35 years. With their support and membership, I know that the voice of families will continue to be a very strong driver in our advocacy for full inclusion.”
About the Family Support Institute
The Family Support Institute is a provincial non-profit charitable society registered in 1985. FSI was created to strengthen families faced with the extraordinary circumstances that come with having a family member who has a disability.
Directed by families, the Family Support Institute assists and supports families who have a family member with a disability. This support stems mainly from our large volunteer network of over 260 Resource Parents (RPs) and Resource Family Members (RFMs). These volunteers follow a peer-to-peer family support model that consists of sharing experiences, sharing expertise, guiding and supporting families in their own communities and providing emotional and in-person support.
- FSI is unique in Canada and is the only grassroots, parent-to-parent support organization with a broad volunteer base.
- FSI is not an advocacy organization.
- FSI’s supports and services are free to any family.
- FSI supports all families, with children and adults of all ages and all disabilities including mental health challenges.
- FSI celebrates diversity!
Learn more about the Family Support Institute