Be a part of Rise Up! 2018. Share your knowledge and experience as a workshop presenter. Inspire change, spark dialogue, generate new ideas. We are seeking workshop proposals and presentations on these key themes:
- Inclusive Education,
- Inclusive Employment,
- Inclusive Housing,…
- Community Inclusion Supports,
Within these key themes, we’re looking for insights that advance inclusion, starting with the individual and moving up from our grassroots to the global inclusion movement:
- Personal development: Advancing individual wellbeing, inclusion and empowerment through improved health and wellness, sexuality, social and community engagement, leadership and financial security.
- Professional development: Advancing inclusion through innovation, best practices and enhanced partnerships.
- Community development: Strengthening the grassroots capacity of families, groups and communities to work collaboratively, drive change and support inclusion
- Advocacy: Advancing our global advocacy movement by deepening our shared understanding of challenges and solutions and identifying tools and strategies to build a stronger and more effective voice for inclusion.
- Workshops: 60-minute interactive, participatory
- Transformational Talks: 10-15-minute structured TED-style talks (will be filmed).
We are interested in presentations that:
- Reflect the use of person-first or identity-first language
- Reflect the full inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of community life
- Make every attempt to address First Nations and Aboriginal communities, multicultural communities, LGBTQ communities
- Address accessibility and universal design so that all attendees may participate fully
- Promote evidence-based practices to attain full inclusion in all aspects of society, and
- Promote Inclusion BC’s advocacy and issues.
Submit your proposal on the form below.
If you have questions about this call for proposals, please contact Karen DeLong, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-777-9100 x 530.
Deadline for Proposal Submissions: January 28, 2018.