CALL FOR ARTWORK FOR YOUTH EMPLOYMENT SUMMIT 2021
Inclusion BC is inviting youth with intellectual disabilities (under 30 years old) to submit visual artwork and photography for our 2021 virtual Youth Employment Summit.
- One piece of chosen artwork will be selected and used in promotional materials (website, social media, email) and displayed during the virtual event. Ownership of the design will remain with the youth artist.
- Other artwork submitted will be included in a virtual art show as part of the event.
- The chosen artist will receive a $500 cash honorarium
- The deadline for submissions is October 23, 2020.
- A variety of of art will be considered, such as painting, drawing, photography, and digital creations.
- Send your artwork to Jillian Bradley at email@example.com.
Employment means different things to different people. If you are just starting out your job search it can feel exciting and new. If you’re having trouble finding a job it can be a lot of hard work. If you just found a job it can feel empowering.
We’re looking for artwork that reflects any stage of the employment process. What does employment mean to you?
What to Submit:
- Name of the artist
- The age of the artist
- Contact information for the artist
- An electronic version of the design (pdf or jpeg file) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An artist’s statement, describing key aspects of the work (under 250 words)
More About the Youth Employment Summit
YES is going to be a fun, interactive and informative virtual event that will provide a number of unique learning and career building opportunities for youth with intellectual disabilities.
The event will be held over three days, from February 18-20, 2021.
- Virtual job fair with employers looking to hire
- Live hip hop performance by Missy D
- Opportunities for employee mentorships
- Random prize draws throughout the event
- Free gift in the mail (receive a one of a kind t-shirt and a tasty snack)
Let’s talk employment
Two youth groups will talk about their employment experiences and how they have worked through some of the challenges in finding employment
Paths to employment
Employers will talk about their company and their application process
School after School? What about Post Secondary?
Learn what post secondary could look like for you. Who knows, maybe it will help you land the job of your dreams!