Conference, Call for Workshops
Call for Workshops: Open
Join us for Everybody Belongs, Inclusion BC’s annual conference and B.C.’s premier learning event on community inclusion and diversity. We will be hosting the three-day event in Surrey, B.C., from May 26-28, 2022, at the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel.
Please review the following Call for Workshop instructions and complete the application form to submit your proposal by the closing date of Monday, January 31, 2022.
Please note financial compensation will be available for presenters in an unpaid role.
Event Dates and Location
Everybody Belongs: Inclusion 2022 Conference
May 26-28, 2022
Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
15269 104 Avenue,
Surrey, BC, V3R 1N5
Key Issues and Topics
Share your knowledge and experience as a workshop presenter. Inspire change, spark dialogue, generate new ideas, deepen the learning. We are seeking workshop proposals and presentations on these key themes:
- Early Years Supports
- Education & Child Care
- Employment & Skill Development
- Housing & Income Supports
- Health & Wellness
- Community & Disability Supports
Within these key themes, we’re looking for insights that advance inclusion, starting with the individual and moving up from our grassroots to the global inclusion movement:
- Personal development: Advancing individual wellbeing, inclusion and empowerment through improved health and wellness, sexuality, social and community engagement, leadership and financial security.
- Professional development: Advancing inclusion through innovation, best practices and enhanced partnerships.
- Community development: Strengthening the grassroots capacity of families, groups and communities to work collaboratively, drive change and support inclusion.
- Advocacy: Advancing our global advocacy movement by deepening our shared understanding of challenges and solutions and identifying tools and strategies to build a stronger and more effective voice for inclusion.
Sessions and Formats
We are interested in 60-minute interactive and participatory presentations that:
- Reflect the use of person-first or identity-first language;
- Reflect the full inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of community life;
- Address Indigenous communities, multicultural communities, LGBTQ communities;
- Address accessibility and universal design so that all attendees may participate fully;
- Promote evidence-based practices to attain full inclusion in all aspects of society; and,
- Promote Inclusion BC’s advocacy and issues.
Inclusion 2022 Call for ProposalsAre you ready to share your knowledge and submit your workshop idea? Please complete the workshop proposal form for presenters below by the closing date of Monday, January 31, 2022.
If you have questions about this call for workshops, please contact us at:
- email: email@example.com
- or call: 604-777-9100