Neil Belanger is the Executive Director of the British Columbia Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS), an award winning, provincial Aboriginal disability and health organization. Neil has worked in the fields of disability and health for the past 18 years.
Neil has served on a variety of local, regional and provincial Boards and committees and is currently active as:
- Chairperson of the Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) Aboriginal Advisory Committee;
- member of the Minister’s Council on Employment and Accessibility; a member of the Minister’s RDSP Action Group;
- member of the Assistant Deputy Minister’s Supporting Increased Participation (SIP) Committee;
- member of the Canadian Centre on Disability Studies Program Committee;
- member of the Disability without Poverty Network; and a member of the Aboriginal Infant / Support Child Development Provincial Steering Committee.
Neil lives in Victoria with his wife and their two children.