The annual Inclusive Education Awards are presented in partnership with Inclusive Education Canada and the Family Support Institute to recognize educators, administrators and schools who create or support unique opportunities that enrich inclusive educational experiences.
We look for the following key indicators of excellence in inclusive education practice:
- Students fully participate with peers in all school opportunities, in and out of the classroom
- All students are valued and encouraged to build on their abilities
- No label-based limitations
- School-wide culture and leadership
The awards honour leadership, innovation and excellence in educational practice. Educators, administrators, schools and teams who show a commitment to inclusive education are eligible for recognition.
We launch the call for nominations in February and present the awards at our annual conference in the Spring.
In 2018 we invited nominations for the following awards:
- Education Leadership: School, district, preschool and post-secondary leaders and administrators
- Inclusive Teaching: Classroom and resource teachers, peer mentors, instructors, early childhood educators
- Inclusion Support: Learning assistants, in-school support workers.