Working together to get people working – Employment Summit
A full day dedicated to sharing and learning from each other about successful strategies to advance inclusive employment and career success for people with intellectual disabilities.
- When: June 14, 2017 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Where: Sheraton Airport Hotel, 7551 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC.
- Who: Front-line employment support staff and middle managers in community agencies
Families and staff can play key roles in supporting job seekers. With clear goals and expectations, real teamwork and effective strategies, they can work together to empower people with intellectual disabilities to overcome barriers, find satisfying jobs and build meaningful careers.
This full-day session will explore successful strategies and ways to improve teamwork to support inclusive employment. Participants from across the province will learn and share based on their unique experiences, areas of interest and expertise, within three broad themes: Supporting Employers, Family/Staff Support Team, and Empowering Job Seekers.
- Build new working relationships
- Learn proven strategies for success
- Hone their approach by sharing and learning from each other
- Identify gaps and barriers and explore ways to address them.