The full report of the June 14th Summit can be found here.
Click on the following links to view all of the powerpoint presentations from the June 14th event.
LEARNING TOGETHER TO HELP EACH OTHER LEARN
- When: June 14, 2017 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Sheraton Airport Hotel, 7551 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC
- Who: For teachers, administrators, parents and other support staff
- Cost: $100 (includes lunch)
Register today to explore the exciting opportunities currently facing BC schools as the 2016 Supreme Court of Canada decision drives a long-overdue reinvestment in public education.
New provincial funding for additional classroom and specialist teaching positions
across the province provides a unique opportunity to collaborate on ways to
restore classroom supports and ensure the successful inclusion of all students.
- How prepared do you feel to teach to diverse groups of students?
- What’s required to ensure that inclusion works for all students and becomes an integral part of our schools’ broader culture?
- What training and resources are available to help you and your school community respond to these challenges?
The Summit features experts from across Canada on Inclusive Education, including:
- Leyton Schnellert, Faculty of Education, UBC Okanagan
- Shelley Moore, M.ED. Instructor, University of BC; Inclusive Education Consultant, Richmond School District
- Jacqueline Specht, Director of the Canadian Research Centre on Inclusive Education at Western University, London, Ontario.
- Sherri Brown, Senior Research Analyst for the BC Teachers’ Federation
The Summit builds on the dialogue that began at our March 16, 2017 Inclusive Education Forum in Vancouver. Read the Forum Report