LEARNING TOGETHER TO HELP EACH OTHER LEARN
- When: June 14, 2017 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Sheraton Airport Hotel, 7551 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC
- Who: For teachers, administrators, parents and other support staff
- Cost: $100 (includes lunch)
Register today to explore the exciting opportunities currently facing BC schools as the 2016 Supreme Court of Canada decision drives a long-overdue reinvestment in public education.
New provincial funding for additional classroom and specialist teaching positions
across the province provides a unique opportunity to collaborate on ways to
restore classroom supports and ensure the successful inclusion of all students.
- How prepared do you feel to teach to diverse groups of students?
- What’s required to ensure that inclusion works for all students and becomes an integral part of our schools’ broader culture?
- What training and resources are available to help you and your school community respond to these challenges?
The Summit features experts from across Canada on Inclusive Education, including:
- Leyton Schnellert, Faculty of Education, UBC Okanagan
- Shelley Moore, M.ED. Instructor, University of BC; Inclusive Education Consultant, Richmond School District
- Jacqueline Specht, Director of the Canadian Research Centre on Inclusive Education at Western University, London, Ontario.
- Sherri Brown, Senior Research Analyst for the BC Teachers’ Federation