LEARNING TOGETHER TO HELP EACH OTHER LEARN
- When: June 14, 2017 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Sheraton Airport Hotel, 7551 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC.
This day will be of interest to parents, teachers and other support staff.
Register today to explore the exciting opportunities currently facing BC schools as the 2016 Supreme Court of Canada decision drives a long-overdue reinvestment in public education.
New provincial funding for additional classroom and specialist teaching positions
across the province provides a unique opportunity to collaborate on ways to
restore classroom supports and ensure the successful inclusion of all students.
- How prepared do you feel to teach to diverse groups of students?
- What’s required to ensure that inclusion works for all students and becomes an integral part of our schools’ broader culture?
- What training and resources are available to help you and your school community respond to these challenges?
The Summit features experts from across Canada on Inclusive Education, including:
- Leyton Schnellert, Faculty of Education, UBC Okanagan
- Shelley Moore, M.ED. Instructor, University of BC; Inclusive Education Consultant, Richmond School District
- Jaqueline Specht, Director of the Canadian Research Centre on Inclusive Education at Western University, London, Ontario.
- Sherri Brown, Senior Research Analyst for the BC Teachers’ Federation
LUNCH IS INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION FOR THIS DAY.